Thursday 28 May 2009

Banners and bunting

To celebrate the notional arrival of early summer, I am to have a new blog banner. As I can't for the life of me fathom out how to construct one from my million and one photographs that denote my small life and even more pinched range of interests, Roger is making it for me. He has Photoshop and/or Fireworks, I believe, and this gives him superior firepower over me when I say "show me how to do it!", as I don't have anything so sophisticated.

He also says that it's like art therapy for him and reduces his blood pressure. So that's a good thing I'm doing for him, not just begging a favour for myself. Maybe I'll suggest that he comes over and catalogues my photos in an orderly fashion when he's done bannering, as this might help to realign his chakras or replenish his chi.

I might make some bunting for the shed this weekend, just out of wickedness, you know, to wind the old chaps up a bit. The treasurer might disapprove, of course; bunting can be so unruly!

9 comments:

Susan said...

q'est que c'est "bunting" - it's like you speak a foreign language Madam - of course I am now off to Google bunting because my curiosity could not possibly wait for your reply. Sorry again about the mylife invite. erggggh !!
xo from les Gang

Susan said...

ahhhh - a flag or festive decoration. Hard to believe we came once from the same clan.

BumbleVee said...

hang you knickers out to dry...that'll really get 'em.... use the fancy lace ones...

rogern said...

hope you like it :)

mountainear said...

Bunting can be...so naughty. Get it hung out!

rachel said...

Have you noticed the prominence of cheese scones in my lovely new banner? Thank you, Roger.

Susan, bunting is generally a string of little flags, often triangular, and tend to denote jollity, street parties, that sort of thing. Very uplifting!

It's also a bird, of course.....

Susan said...

I love the new banner but those cheese scones to seem a little out of place in the garden of fleurs & fur loved ones ... a cheese scone space ship hovering in the garden perhaps waiting to capture "the" sleeping dog - and certainly no offense meant Roger - for it is a beautiful banner.

rachel said...

Cheese scone spaceship hovering over household with malign intent - to abduct me and perform grisly experiments involving fat and hips and thighs, more like...

Big Shamu said...

Let's hear it for wickedness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails