Tuesday 23 June 2009

traipsing round the countryside 3

And after a long leisurely stroll, a deeply interesting chat with the owner, and a few fine purchases, we set off through the winding country lanes in search of lunch. After getting lost for a bit, we found it here, at Meldon, where a Victorian walled garden and its outbuildings have recently been turned into a delightful spot for ladies who lunch to sit on the sunny terrace and contemplate someone else's gardening labours while waiting for our home-grown salads.




And then we went home, where my friend's lovely boy was thrilled to see us. He even went to fetch me a dustpan and brush; visitors generally receive a present from him, and I have been brought shoes on previous occasions, but today I must have looked ready for a little tidy up after my hours in the sun.

And later on, back in my own home, after collecting the dog from Lesley, I was presented with a fuzzy tummy.....


All in all, a grand day out.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Your posts always make me smile ... a really big grin

BumbleVee said...

awww...how cute. Bringing presents for guests...

Linda said...

What a lovely day. The thought of just two people maintaining that garden makes me feel quite faint though.

_lethe_ said...

That is so sweet! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails