Sunday 5 July 2009

in 15 minutes....


...I will be down on the allotment for that hastily-convened Committee meeting that might be throwing someone off their plot. Maybe there will be cudgels and pitchforks. I'm not going a moment sooner, for fear of being nobbled by the secretary, who can't hold her water at all, and will have poured out a litany of grievances to anyone foolish enough to cross her path before the meeting begins.

I am taking a gingerbread loaf, very dark and black-treacly, and cut into thick slices, in the hope of sweetening the proceedings, but I fear the worst - there will be strong feelings, raised voices, incoherent dissent, ill-natured digression of the sort known as "going all around the houses", and cake isn't going to stop any of it.

I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good luck with it. In our block of units "Bibbity Bob" as my husband and I call him,(because he's always bobbing up everywhere) has just sent some previously happy children (who were visiting in No.2) indoors, as they were annoying him with the ball and their bashing with the bat to get it out of the gutter.Hands on hips, he didn't look happy at all, and cake wouldn't work either I'm sure.

Big Shamu said...

Dang I'd schedule meetings every other day just to get some of that tastiness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails