Monday 7 December 2009

Excitable, me?


Noooooooo...... I'm not the slightest bit tremulous and impatient about the arrival of another small timid cat later this week (exact date not yet known). I bought the monstrosity pictured above, and another radiator cradle, quite calmly and collectedly, simply to save the furniture from further wreckage, not primarily to increase the thrills and spills that take place on a daily basis round my home and are much more entertaining than telly.

And all those little treats that are being stockpiled? The fancy little tins of sardine and mackerel for cats, the packets of catnip drops, the crunchy snacks with strange cheesy fillings? Just good housekeeping measures, that's all. The camera batteries fully charged? Just sensible. I'm not becoming overwrought in the least at the prospect of another little chap, ginger this time, with white socks and bib, joining the team. I'm not worrying one jot about how the girls will react, or if Scooter will hate him. Or if - awful thought planted by the Lovely Son, who can be coarse - there will be territorial behaviour of the urine-spraying kind.

No, no; in fact, I'm hardly thinking about it at all.

I just wish he was here now. Right NOW.

11 comments:

Amy McPherson Sirk said...

Yay! What a lucky bunch of cats. I remember feeling the same way when we added to our little herd. I'm sure the other cats will adjust just as soon as they figure out there's plenty of love for all of them. Enjoy!

Linda said...

You won't be happy until you are back up to 7, will you? Good Luck!! (gleefully looking forward to lots more photos and tales of antics!)

Kate on Clinton said...

I'm very excited for you! Where did you get the cat tree? We've been looking for one that isn't too expensive but is still stable for lively full-grown cats.

rachel said...

Kate - I just googled for cat climbing frames, but can't recommend any, as the ones I wanted were all in the UK. Once you've chosen a possible, try googling reviews of that model, and you should find out pretty quickly whether or not it's stable, worth the money, and so on. People are generous with their (strongly-held) views, believe me!

Amy & Linda - I could have a dozen cats, and I'd still have a little yearning for another.....

BumbleVee said...

Well I, for one, will be looking excitedly each day for the new photos and pfun....wheeeeeeee bring it on! I love cats...and how they entertain.... I know I would have several too except for my poor sweetie and his allergies....

hey!..my word verification thingy is scons.... yum....
maybe I'll go bake some. Can't make any little bears..so today I am just playing with them...and now..maybe I'll bake ..and then do my workout....

Pam said...

Well, your readers are looking forward to his arrival too.. especially as it's your furniture which will be shredded, not ours. Well, mine is somewhat shredded already by my own furry friends, of course.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I wouldn't mind being a cat in your house . Fishy treats , cheesy treats , kitten milk ...a home gym to work out on when these begin to accumulate round my middle ..... and a radiator cradle to recompose myself on after all that stretching .
Sybaritic !!
Make it look much more inviting and we'll all be moving in .
Can't wait to see him !

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Well, I will admit that I am excited about your new arrival. Can't wait for pictures and tales about all the fun that will be going on in your home.

I've been tempted to get a climbing tree for my cats, but was afraid they would ignore it.

Val said...

Wow, lucky is the cat who stays (or gets to live permanently) at Rachel's 4 star hotel! Can't wait to see and hear about the new little arrival.

fourdoorsdown said...

Yes, the neighbours are getting excited too. Tell TLS his response sounds more like one from my mother!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you are so brave. I barely remained sane with my puppy but then kittens are different. Althought they are also capable of mayhem at altitude so...LOTS of luck! He sounds REALLY cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails