Sunday 6 June 2010

Bulletin 2

I, The Dog, have been asked to post this; Rachel is too tired and puffy-eyed to do it all herself. She says to thank you for your good wishes, and hopes that you all have your paws crossed for better news  to come.

We have been out for ages in the rain, searching, calling, hoping, and getting so wet that I had to have a bath when I got home. Something about smells, I don't know. Humans do fuss about smells.


Anyway, I'm clean enough now to go on the sofa.



We have a notice in the window, with a photo of Scooter, and all the neighbours are looking out for him. Roger and Dave have been on ladders, looking over walls, and Sandra has been out to get very wet with us. We've looked everywhere.



Millie has been asked to go and find him - she's very good at this - and has started by looking out of the window to see if she can spot a very wet lost cat in the distance. She'll go out searching later; she says she's preparing mentally just now. Mental work is best done out of the rain.


Rachel wonders if she is catastrophising - her old tendency - and that perhaps Scooter has just learned from Millie about mice and birds, and isn't a scaredy-cat at all, but a noble hunter. I hope we get to ask him ourselves.

14 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Not having paws , just rather square shortfingered mitts , I can't cross them . But I'm willing Scooter to return this minute , right now .

Sue said...

Hope he comes home soon. I have everything crossed.

Jinksy said...

We once had a cat thet was AWOL for ten days, before a picture in the local shop window brought a phone call for someone two steets away. Mojo, that was her name, had a slight limp for a while, but was otherwise unscathed. Keep hoping!

the veg artist said...

Of course, we have had everything crossed all day. He's probably just hiding from the rain.

Dan said...

Sorry you haven't found him Rachel, and I really hope he'll come home soon with a very, very good explanation.
Dan
-x-

lovethosecupcakes said...

I keep popping back for news. Memories of that similar search in the haystack when Billybob went AWOL are still fresh.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are having such an awful time. Sometimes I suspect cats do that thing of staying disappeared for some calculated measurement of time of their own fathoming directly related to the amount of despair they observe they are putting us through. May this have a happy conclusion soon.

Pam said...

Oh dear, I've only just discovered the Scooter crisis and I'm SO SORRY. When our cats stay out at night we don't sleep either (well, I don't). All fingers, toes, paws etc crossed for you here, hoping for a safe and speedy return of the furry one.

Anonymous said...

Still sending good thoughts your way, here's hoping he'll find the evening quiet enough to make his own way home. OllieV

susan Frances said...

..just got back from an afternoon out and hoped to find a post saying that you had found him..spent the morning checking out your blog for news, and so sad that he hasn't re appeared. Thinking of you and hoping he knows where he is loved and will return soon....so many " blog" friends wishing and hoping! Love to you and the other cats.X

Susan said...

Paws, fingers, toes all remain crossed and maybe a few little prayers to the Gods of wayward & ever curious kittens and cats. Scooter, ya handsome scamp ! Home - toute suite !! les Gang

judy in ky said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry you are going through this anxiety. I hope he returns soon. I'm glad you have neighbors out looking for him, too. It's nice to know that you have extra eyes and hearts helping.

Julie said...

Everything crossed here for you. I hope he's home soon.

Jenny said...

I know how anxious you must be. I lost my young boy last year. He went missing on a bank holiday.....when people are getting their lawn mowers etc out of sheds. Turned up none the worse but very thirsty after 10 horrendous days of worry. I'm sure he was shut in somewhere. Sending good luck thoughts to you.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails