Tuesday 19 October 2010

Little sister writes

Tosca here, checking in. Some of you have been worrying about me.


Well, don't. There's no need.


I might not have been too happy at first to get a big sister with enormous feet and a giant tongue, but it's really good fun now.


We have great walks, and I respond when she is called, so that I get to share the treats. I'm getting fitter, and I never need to be carried like Rachel thought I would.

I like to hang out with my sister. We love sunbathing.


Margery and the Lovely Son noticed right away that I was more confident with a big sister around. She wouldn't let big dogs bully me, but she knows that I am really the duchess in this house. She has respect for my age and position.

Rachel says a more doggy household suits me, and that I'm not just a form of oddly-disappointing cat any more. She can be rude, that Rachel. I may sleep in the cat beds, but that doesn't make me a cat.

Mind you, I've noticed that she's not coping very well with the extra mud and hair. Look: disgraceful!



 And this is what causes it all!


She says I am the best dog for not shedding hair or leaving large dirty pawprints everywhere. My big sister loves mud, and water, and sticks. She's not very dainty at all, unlike me.


I also have a new bed. I share it with my sister, even though she snores, because it's big enough for two.


Or maybe three....


So don't worry; I'm in charge, and everything is going well.

16 comments:

Paul C said...

You have cute pets. My daughter got a Yorkie recently and we all adore Finny.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tosca, you and your big sister make quite a pair!

("Oddly-disappointing cat" indeed!)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

well...that just melted my heart..darling. love the photo of the two of them on the ottoman with the sunlight coming in...and then them in their bed together..love all of it...looks like everything is going well...happy to see it.

kary and teddy and my 4 kittys too
xxx

Kate on Clinton said...

Oh, this makes me so happy - it actually brought a little tear to my eye!!

Val said...

Love the last photo!

"Sunshine" said...

I'm weeping. This is so totally precious it does bring tears to my eyes. Oh, Tosca, you're my HERO today..
By the way, I've got your cousin over here, her name is Maddee; a Yorkie who says "HI" translated "Woof, Woof"....

Linens and Royals said...

A lovely post, I am so pleased everyone is happy and getting along, thank you little dog for bringing me up to date. I have been watching the adventures of all at your house.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tosca - I'm glad that you are enjoying having a sister ... they can be tricky things, especially when they are bigger than you (I've had to put up with a bigger sister all my life!)

the veg artist said...

Ah, little Tosca, I am so relieved. I will pass quickly over the reference to "a form of oddly-disappointing cat" (Really!) and be greateful that you have found your dogginess. You do appear more confident, even in your sleep, and I love the thought of you two sharing a bed on cold Newcastle nights. I am so glad you are having more fun, too. Rachel assumed that you wouldn't want to go far, because of your little legs, but now you can all discover new things together.

Fran Hill said...

Love the picture of the paw!

Gwen Buchanan said...

you have me laughing this morning... some cute... being in a household of 4 dogs I understand ... and so do they... see ya...

BumbleVee said...

awww... 'tis wonderful to see it all working out so well...

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

just was back admiring all these sweetie-pies

kary and teddy
xxx

jabblog said...

Tosca, we have always found that an older dog appreciates a younger one - eventually. Youngsters are like a breath of fresh air. I'm glad you're happy.

Susan said...

OHMYGOD !!!! I LOVE her* !!

TOOSWEET !!! sleeping together

I knew they'd soon be fast friends - beware les Chats there could be a teeny giant revolt in the works. Kisses to Tosca & Floss from me & W Dee xoxo Susan

and I will kidnap her first chance I get

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

So glad Tosca loves having a sister. I'm sure its nice having another dog in the house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails